Experience a tropical refresh with the citrus and sweet mango, blended in to creamy goodness.
Made with raw, whole, plant based ingredients from the crust up. Making this dish a lot easier to digest, while never losing flavor. Combining creamy cashews with sweet mango chunks and fresh orange juice. Perfect for any time of the day or when you’re craving a sweet treat!
Servings: 8 – 10 bars
Cook time: 1 hour + Overnight Set
2 cups walnuts
1 cup coconut flakes
1/3 to 1/2 cup date paste, depending on how crunchy/chewy you want your crust to be
1/8 tsp salt
Orange Mango layer
1.5 cups cashews
1.25 cup orange juice, I used fresh juice of two oranges
2 ripe mangos, diced
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp sea moss gel
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
Coconut vanilla layer
Half can coconut cream (use the thick cream and not the liquid from the can)
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
2 tbsp seamoss gel
- Soak cashews overnight in room temperature/cold water. For quick soak method, pour boiling water over cashews 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Add soaked and rinsed dates to a food processor and puree till smooth. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Add walnuts, coconut flakes, and salt to a food processor till finely course. Then add date paste, process till evenly incorporated.
- Add crust mixture to an oiled 8 x 8 roasting dish that has sides going up at least 2 inches. (Use a 9 x 11 dish for thinner bars). Press into dish smoothly and evenly. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse cashews thoroughly and add to a blender with the rest of the mango + orange filling ingredients. Once everything is well incorporated, add in coconut oil. Pour mixture on top of crust evenly. Shake slightly from side to side to balance it out, making it even. Let it sit in freezer for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Rinse your blender out and add the coconut cream ingredients. Blend till smooth then pour on top of orange + mango filling.
- Roughly chop half an orange and a mango, scatter throughout the top layer. Let harden for at least 3+ hours, ideally overnight.
- Pull dish out of the freezer to thaw on the countertop for 20 minutes before cutting in to it. With a thin spatula or small knife, separate the bars from the edges of the dish. Measure 2 inch x 4 inch pieces and cut evenly. Take them out the pan and onto a working surface. Top with the zest of half an orange and serve.
These bars as so creamy, smooth, and satisfying. Consider preparing this as a dinners dessert pie by making it in a pie dish instead. The orange and mango pair perfectly, complementing this refreshing Spring equinox. Store them in the fridge for up to 10 days, or for months at a time in the freezer.
Pro Tip #1
For best results and to keep these raw plant based bars as nourishing as they can be, use coconut cream with no extra additives!
Meet our new Content Creator!
I am a producer of Life Force Energy. I am gifted with many talents and I am here to give abundantly. I work in a wide range of mediums from culinary arts, music production, graphic design, photography and more. I empower others through creatively expressing my perspective of this experience. SolFood is the artistic alchemy of eating from the sun. Aligning our light, by eating in tune with the life giving light.
The All Natural is now partnered with Solfood to bring you CONSISTENT & DELICIOUS whole food plant based recipes for the SOL!