A classic dish that is super tasty & a great hearty meal for the fall season. A dinner option that can be served in under 30 mins.
This recipe has become one of my go to recipes for the cooler seasons, since it’s very satisfying & . The flavors are immaculate & it feeds multiple people. For those with average cooking experience I highly recommend this!
This dish can serve up to 4 adult portions. To increase size double the recipe.
Prep 10 minutes, Cook 20 minutes
1 1/2 Cup of Jasmine Rice
1/2 of an Eggplant Diced in 2 inch pieces
1/2 Cup of Rough Chopped Yellow Onions
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup of Grape seed Oil (for sauté & rice)
1 Tablespoon of Plant based Butter
2 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
1/2 Tablespoon of Black Pepper
1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1/2 Tablespoon of Sea Salt
1/2 Tablespoon of Oregano
1. Boil 3 Cups of Water on high heat (this is for the rice)
2. Chop eggplant & onions.
3. Add oil to sauté pan & turn the fire on high heat.
4. Sauté onions until translucent & fragrant.
5. Once water is boiling add oil & pinch of salt.
6. Pour the rice into pot & turn heat down to medium/low heat.
7. Add eggplant & curry powder & sauté until eggplant is soft but still firm.
8. Allow the eggplant to cook for 2-3 mins
9. Add coconut milk, & turn fire on low heat to let sauce simmer.
10. Stir everything thoroughly, once sauce starts to thicken add all seasonings.
11. Check your rice, the grains should be tender but not too soft.
12. Once rice is done add the butter & seasonings (garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, oregano) mix everything well.
13. Turn off the heat on the curry set aside.
14. Take the rice and curry, put them together on the plate.
15. Eat & enjoy!
This is the simple step by step tutorial on how I make my classic Eggplant Curry & Jasmine Rice
Chef Lonnie G.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Caribbean roots & a lot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
I partnered with the All Natural Brand to promote more exposure towards more plant-based & eating more whole foods. Health in all aspects is very important, mentally, physically, spiritually. Together we strive to make holistic well being the new norm.
Looking for a savory snack? Check out this Creamy Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip!
2 thoughts on “Eggplant Curry & Jasmine Rice”
[…] Show Me! […]
[…] Show Me! […]
You must log in to post a comment.