So most of y’all know I’m Jamaican & growing up plantains was a household staple. Recently I experimented with a remixed version I did for a client recently!
Plantains are a carribean staple & they can be prepared in variety of ways, fried, baked, boiled. Very versatile & a favorite by many. This recipe is very simple & good for beginners looking to master a new dish!
Serves 2 people total. To increase the amount, add more plantains.
Prep 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
1 whole ripe plantain
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 cup of grape seed oil to fry
2 cinnamon sticks ( for plate decoration )
1. Slice plantains into 1 inch thick pieces.
2. Heat up oil in hot sauté pan.
3. Set up a plate with paper towel & set aside.
4. Fry plantains in oil until brown on each side.
5. Once plantains are fried place on paper towel plate to drain excess grease.
6. In a small bowl place the plantains inside.
7. Add cinnamon & brown sugar inside.
8. Stir until plantains are coated evenly.
9. Plate up with cinnamon sticks for extra presentation. Eat & enjoy!
This is the step by step tutorial to make these amazing candied spiced plantains. Cinnamon is the ultimate fall spice to me, definitely can’t wait to see you all’s version of these!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a savory dinner option? Check out our Philly cheesesteak as well!