One of my favorite breakfast/brunch meals. The classic avocado toast. Simple but super flavorful & filling. I was in the lab today & I tested my creativity on another level!
Avocado toast became a hit a few years back, especially for those who’s become more health conscious. Some places charge nearly $15 for it. However with this recipe you can make your own with ingredients that cost nearly the same price! Great for beginner level culinarians.
Serves 2 people total. To increase the amount, add more toast & and the remaining toppings!
Prep 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
2 whole ripe avocados
2 slices of whole grain bread
1/2 cup of hummus (choose your preferred flavor)
1 tablespoon of capers
1 whole tomato sliced
1/4 cup of bella mushrooms
1/4 cup of grapeseed oil
“everything but the bagel” seasoning (from Trader Joe’s) *optional
1. Toast your bread in toaster or oven, until brown & slightly crispy. Set aside.
2. Sauté bella mushrooms in grape seed oil until soft. Add oregano, italian seasoning, salt & black pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Spread the hummus on toast until fully covered.
4. Slice tomatoes in 1 inch slices, place on top of toast.
5. Slice avocados into 2 inch slices & add on top of toast.
6. Add the sautéed mushrooms on top of the avocado.
7. Top with capers & add oregano, italian seasoning, salt & black pepper, everything but the bagel seasoning.
8. Plate up & enjoy!
This is the step by step tutorial on how to make this Supreme Avocado Toast. When you make this for your next brunch, just let them know Chef Lonnie.G put you on! Can’t wait to see how y’all enjoy this!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.