Its the holidays & everyone loves a tasty dessert after sharing a holiday meal with friends & family. This dessert is super simple & one everyone will love.
One of my favorite baking masterpieces these ginger snaps, literally snap so hard flavor wise. With notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, you won’t be able to just eat one. Great recipe for beginner bakers.
Serves 4. To increase the amount double the recipe.
Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
1 cup of softened vegan butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of agave
3 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks for decoration
Red & Green Sugar for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter & brown sugar in a bowl until mixed well. Add the agave in & stir until smooth.
3. Add 2 cups of flour to the bowl, then add the baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in with the flour.
4. Mix on low speed to combine. Now add the remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and mix until incorporated. The dough will be thick, but not dry.
5. Grease a baking pan with vegan butter set aside.
6. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough for large cookies (1 tablespoon for small cookies).
7. Sprinkle the red & green sugar on the cookies & bake for 11 mins, until they begin to crack on top. They will look very soft, but they firm up a lot as they cool.
8. Let cool for 10 mins & then enjoy.
This is the recipe to make these super tasty ginger snap cookies. Serve them with oat or almond milk for an even flavorful combo.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty dinner option? Check out our Vegan Lobster Roll!