Its a new year & that means I’m in the lab cooking up new recipes! I love a good breakfast & this one right here will be a new favorite in your rotation.
I got inspired today, I was thinking to myself what’s a good but simple recipe that people would love to have with their first meal of the day. This is great for beginner culinarians & those looking to expand their skills!
Serves 4 people. Double the recipe to make more.
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
1 medium eggplant
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 tbsp of agave
1 1/2 tbsp tamari sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Thinly slice eggplant & place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl mix the tamari, liquid smoke, agave & seasonings together.
4. Lightly dip the eggplant slices or brush the eggplant with the mixture on both sides.
5. Bake eggplant for 20 minutes & flip & bake for 10 minutes. For crispier bacon bake for 10 mins longer.
6. Plate up & serve with your breakfast or eat it alone.
This is the recipe to make this savory eggplant bacon. Add it to a breakfast sandwich or have it with chickpea scramble & avocado toast. Overall 10/10.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty dessert? Check out our ginger snap cookies!