One of my fav pasta recipes, super filling & the flavors are immaculate. You definitely want to add this in to your dinner rotation.
Recipes like this I recommend for those who want to test their culinary skills & increase their taste palette. The skill level is intermediate, great for those who cook more frequently than the average. This one you’ll be making every week, it’s that good.
Serves 4 people. Double the recipe to make more.
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
1 jar of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of tomato paste
2 roma tomatos rough chopped
1/4 cup of chopped shallots
1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup of chopped yellow onions
1/4 cup of finely diced walnuts
1 cup of cooked lentils
1 tablespoon of diced garlic
1/4 cup of diced carrots
1 pack of spaghetti pasta
1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
1/2 tablespoon of grape seed oil (for sauté)
1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 tablespoon of oregano
1. Boil water for lentils & pasta, set aside.
2. Add lentils to boiling water, cook until soft but still slightly firm. 15 mins
3. Chop & dice all veggies & set aside.
4. Heat a sauté pan with the grape seed oil.
5. Sauté the onions, garlic, shallots until soft.
6. Add the walnuts, tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, sauté until soft.
7. Boil pasta & cook until the pasta is al dente (firm but not too mushy).
8. Add the tomato sauce & tomato paste stir well.
9. Add lentils & let the sauce simmer on low heat.
10. Drain water from pasta leaving about 1/4 of the water (the starch in the pasta water thickens the sauce) & add it to the bolognese sauce. Mix well together.
11. Turn off the fire & add all the seasonings to the the sauce.
12. Plate the bolognese pasta eat & enjoy. *Serve with roasted asparagus as a side, optional*
This is the recipe to make this super tasty spaghetti bolognese the plant based way. Add this to your bag of recipes! Overall 10/10.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty breakfast option? Check out our Smoked Eggplant Bacon!