Taco’s always have been one of my favorites. With the multiple variations & styles you can eat them with I wanted to test something new with these Walnut Meat ones!
Traditionally ground beef or ground turkey is the staple for taco’s. However using walnut’s for a meat replacement is one of the best things ever. I realized people care more
about the seasonings & the texture more then actually meat itself. That’s why the walnut meat is so clutch.
Serves 6 people. Double the recipe to make more.
Prep 30 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
1 pack of corn tortillas
• 2 cups walnuts
• 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
• 1/4 cup adobo sauce
• 1/4 cup of finely diced red onions
• 1 tbsp grape seed oil
• 1 tbsp taco seasoning
• 2 tsp soy sauce
• 1 juice of a lime
1/2 cup medium salsa
1 avocado sliced
1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
1. Soak walnut’s in a bowl with hot water for 30 mins.
2. Drain water from walnuts & blend them in a food processor until you have meat like crumbles. Or rough chop them until fine.
3. Chop garlic, onions finely.
4. Heat a pan with grape seed oil & sweat onions & garlic until translucent.
5. Add in the walnut meat & sauté until brown.
6. Add soy sauce & lime juice.
7. Cook for another 5 mins & add taco seasonings, garlic powder, cayenne pepper.
8. Turn off the fire & set walnut meat aside.
9. Heat tortillas & set aside on a plate.
10. Slice the avocado & limes.
11. Now build the taco’s, adding the walnut meat, then the avocado, salsa, chipotle sauce, fresh cilantro.
12. Plate up the tacos & enjoy!
This is the recipe to make these super tasty Walnut Meat Tacos the plant based way. Add this to your bag of recipes! Overall 10/10.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 4 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty dinner option? Check out our spaghetti lentil bolognese!