As an avid pasta lover, Alfredo been one of my fav’s since day one. Its just a certified classic a timeless dish. One of the best pasta dishes & always will be a go to for me.
I would say Alfredo is a great starting point for beginner culinarians who’s looking to master a simple recipe. You can build on top of your knowledge of this dish & do different variations as well. A great add to your culinary rotation.
Serve’s 4 people. Double the recipe to make more.
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
1 pack of fettuccine pasta
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 cup of chopped yellow onions
1 tbsp of garlic chopped
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms sliced
1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 tbsp himalayan pink salt
1 tsp of old bay seasoning
1/2 tbsp of parsley
1 cup of grape seed oil
1. Boil a pot of water for the pasta, sprinkle salt & grape seed oil.
2. Chop onions & garlic & set aside. Slice shiitake mushrooms & set aside.
3. Heat a sauté pan with grape seed oil. Sauté the onions & garlic until translucent. Add pasta to boiling water & cook for 10-12 mins.
4. Add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast & vegan mozzarella. Turn fire to low heat, let the sauce thicken while stirring consistently.
5. Drain water from pasta, the pasta should be “al dente” slightly firm but not too soft or mushy.
6. Add the pasta & a bit of the pasta water to the alfredo sauce.
7. Stir the pasta & sauce well together. It should have a creamy consistency. Add seasonings, salt & pepper.
8. In small pan sauté the shiitake mushrooms with a bit of oil until cooked evenly but not crispy. Add seasonings, salt, & pepper.
9. Plate the alfredo & top the pasta with the mushrooms. (Sprinkle parsley on top for extra decoration.)
10. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe to make this fire fettuccine alfredo. Add this to your culinary bag! Serve with a nice glass of champagne or white wine. Great for a dinner date or chill gathering with friends.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty dinner option? Check out our walnut meat taco’s.