I wanted to experiment with some new baking ideas, & I seen this fire cake. I’ve tasted traditional yellow cake but this one with the cinnamon flavor just hits different!
A great intermediate recipe for those wanting to polish their vegan baking skills. Its a great dessert to serve after dinner or even have for breakfast with some tea. Simple but heavy on the flavors.
Serve’s 4 people double the recipe for more.
Prep 20 mins
Bake 50 mins
1 cup of non dairy milk (I used almond)
1/4 cup of grape seed oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt ( I used pink himalayan)
1 tbsp of cornstarch
3 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of cinnamon
sprinkle of turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with vegan butter. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix the plant milk & apple cider vinegar together. Add the rest of the wet ingredients & whisk well. Add a sprinkle of turmeric for color.
3. In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch & salt together.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry, slowly combining everything. The batter should be thick but not overly wet.
5. In a small bowl mix brown sugar & cinnamon with a pinch of salt. This is the cinnamon mixture that you will swirl in the cake.
6. Pour half of the cake batter in the greased pan. Add half of the cinnamon mixture on top of batter & swirl with a knife. Pour rest of the batter on top & add remaining cinnamon mix & swirl with a knife.
7. Bake for 50-60 mins . Cake is done when knife or toothpick comes out clean from the center.
8. Cool for 10 mins then slice & serve!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a tasty dinner option? Check out our fire fettuccine alfredo!