Mediterranean food always been one of my favorite cuisines. Especially hummus since its so versatile & super tasty. Definitely top tier eats.
Hummus is made with chickpeas, which are high in plant based protein & a great source of fiber. I recommend this recipe for new beginner culinarians. Not many ingredients & you can pair this & use it as a base for other dishes.
Serves 4 people, double recipe for more servings.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
2 cans of chickpeas rinsed
1 1/2 tbs of lemon juice
1 clove of fresh garlic
2 tbs of olive oil
1/4 tsp of pink himalayan salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning
1/4 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of parsley flakes
2 slices of pita bread
1. Pour chickpeas with a bit of the liquid into a blender.
2. Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, old bay seasoning.
3. Blend until its a thick but creamy consistency. 3-4 mins.
4. Pour into a bowl & refrigerate until chilled, (1-2 hrs if serving immediately) overnight.
5. Drizzle more olive oil on top with paprika & parsley.
6. Plate with pita chips, eat & serve!
This is the recipe to make this fire hummus. Amazing as a dip, great as a spread for avocado toast or to use on sandwiches. Super tasty, an easy 10/10.
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a new snack idea? Check out our Cheeseless Queso dip!