I personally loved salads growing up but I got tired of them afterwhile, especially when I went vegan. Those kale salads always were my go to & I decided to recreate it with some of my fav ingredients.
Salads don’t have to be just boring greens with dressing. You can elevate it & add ingredients to spice it up & give it some flavor. This recipe is great for beginner culinarians & those who need more transitional meals.
Serves 4 people, double recipe for more servings.
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
3 cups of freshly washed kale
1 can of chickpeas drained
1/2 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of grape seed oil
1 ripe plantain
1 roma tomato (any tomato will do)
1/2 tbs of jerk seasoning
1/4 tbs of curry powder
1/3 cup of italian dressing
1 ripe avocado
1/2 tbs black pepper
1/2 tbs sea salt
1/2 tbs old bay seasoning
1. Wash & drain your kale, set aside in a bowl.
2. Pour the olive oil into kale & massage thoroughly until well mixed. Add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
3. Slice your plantains into 1 inch pieces & fry until golden brown in grape seed oil. Set aside.
4. In a hot pan with oil add the jerk seasoning, curry powder & chickpeas. Sauté until the chickpeas are soft. Then remove from fire & add black pepper & a bit of old bay seasoning. Set aside.
5. Dice tomatoes in small pieces set aside in a bowl.
6. Add the italian dressing to the kale & mix until thoroughly combined.
7. Chop dates up into small pieces. Slice avocado into medium pieces & set aside.
8. Build the salad, starting with the kale in the bowl, add tomatoes, plantains, avocado, dates. Sprinkle a bit of old bay on top & drizzle more dressing for presentation. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe to make this fire supreme salad. Super simple & versatile with a variety of flavors. Great for after a workout or appetizer before dinner. Add this to your culinary bag! 10/10
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a new snack idea? Check out our Healthful Hummus!