Snickers Ice Cream but on a different level
Fun fact I used to want to be a pastry chef before I decided to be a private chef. I always had a love for creating fire desserts since high school. Snicker bars were one of my favs growing up.
This is an intermediate/advanced recipe for my true culinarians. It may take a few attempts. But I promise you its worth it. You & your family & friends gonna go crazy over it.
Serves 6 people at 2 bars per person. Double the recipe for more servings.
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 hrs
For the Ice Cream Layer
1/3 cup of agave nectar
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 tsp of vanilla
2 cups of soaked raw cashews
For the Caramel Layer
3/4 cup of pitted medjool dates soaked in hot water
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of roasted cashews
1/4 cup of tahini ( peanut butter or almond butter works fine)
For the Chocolate Layer
4 cups of dark chocolate melted
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1. Soak cashews in hot water for 1 hour. Drain cashews & add to blender. Add coconut milk, agave, vanilla.
2. Blend for 5 mins until it has a smooth creamy consistency.
3. Pour ice cream until a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside in freezer.
4. Soak dates in hot water for 30 mins. Add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla, peanut butter, himalayan salt, water into blender. This is the caramel layer.
5. Blend the caramel until it is a creamy paste for 3-5 mins.
6. Spread the caramel evenly on top of the ice cream base.
7. Top the caramel layer with the roasted cashews.
8. Freeze the ice cream over night. 12 hours minimum, until it is solid.
9. Remove the ice cream from the parchment paper. Cut into 6 bars, then cut those 6 in half. You’ll have 12 bars.
10. Melt dark chocolate in a bowl & place the snicker bars on a cooling rack. Coat the bars on all sides with the chocolate. (Dipping the bars in the chocolate 1 by 1 helps as well.)
11. Plate up & sprinkle with cocoa powder for extra presentation, eat & enjoy! (These can last up to 2 weeks frozen. Store in a air tight container.)
This is the recipe I used to make these fire Snickers Ice Cream Bars. Super decadent & tasty. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
You must log in to post a comment.