Before I started eating more plant based I did enjoy some seafood like crab, lobster, salmon. However through my experimenting in the lab I’ve learned some ways to recreate some of my old favs.
These crab cakes are an intermediate level recipe. So great for those who have some experience & want to whip up something new. I’m always amazed at how well they come out!
Serves 4 people double recipe for more servings.
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
2-14 OZ CANS WHOLE HEARTS OF PALM DRAINED
1/4 CUP OF GREEN ONION MINCED
1/2 CUP RED BELL PEPPER DICED
1 SHALLOT DICED
2-3 GARLIC CLOVES MINCED
1 TBS OLD BAY SEASONING
1 1/2 CUPS PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
1 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
3/4 CUP VEGAN MAYONNAISE
1/4 CUP KETCHUP
1/2 TBS DILL SEASONING
1/2 TBS OLD BAY SEASONING
HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
1. Chop all veggies: shallots, peppers, garlic set aside.
2. Rough chop palm of hearts into small pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
3. In oil sauté shallots & then add hearts of palm.
4. Add veggies & sauté for 5 mins. Add old bay seasoning, dill, cumin, salt & pepper.
5. Once everything is well mixed take the mixture off the fire & let chill in a bowl until cool. ( I put mine in freezer for 15-20 mins until set.)
6. Take out crab cakes & sprinkle a bit of flour & mix well.
7. Pour the panko breadcrumbs & flour into bowls.
8. Form the palm of hearts into crab cakes & coat in flour & breadcrumbs.
9. Fry crab cakes until crispy brown on each side about 4-6 minutes in a hot sauté pan.
10. Drain on a paper towel & serve with remoulade sauce & veggies (I choose roasted asparagus).
1. In a small bowl whisk together mayo, ketchup, old bay seasoning, dill weed, black pepper, himalayan salt.
2. Serve with crab cakes on plate or have it on sauce.
This is the recipe I used to make these fire Crab Cakes. Packed with flavor & tasty. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a easy dessert after dinner? Check out our Snickers Ice Cream Bars!