For the Pasta Lovers
I always have been an avid pasta lover. Over the past two years this has easily become a top three favorite. Deeply embedded in my Jamaican roots, I’ll always vouch for this one.
This is an intermediate level recipe, great dinner recipe for those who want to add a new meal to their culinary bag. This one is definitely a hit!
Serves 4 double recipe for more servings.
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
2 cups of bell peppers sliced ( I used red, yellow & green)
1 cup of plant based sausage sliced in thick pieces
1/2 cup of chopped yellow onions
1/2 tbs of minced garlic
1/2 tbs of wet jerk seasoning
1/2 cup of chopped bella mushrooms
1 jar of coconut milk
1 box of penne pasta
2 tbs of grapeseed oil
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
1/2 tbs of curry powder
seasoning blend (parsley, himalayan salt, black pepper, paprika, old bay seasoning 1/2 tbs of each)
1. Sauté onions & garlic until translucent.
2. Add curry powder & mushrooms, sauté until curry is cooked & fragrant (important since its a raw spice).
3. Add pasta to boiling water & cook for 10 mins until al dente (pasta should have a slight firmness but not too soft).
4. Add bell peppers, jerk seasoning & plant based sausage to pan. Saute 4-5 mins. Veggies should be soft but & sausage tender.
5. Add coconut milk to pan & let simmer on low heat for 5-7 mins.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, add nutritional yeast & seasonings at the end.
7. Stir everything thoroughly & add in pasta.
8. (Optional) Roast asparagus in oven & serve with the pasta.
9. Plate up eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this Rich Rasta Pasta. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.