I am from the south Atlanta, Georgia to be specific. I grew up eating alot of soul food classics like Mac & Cheese, Collard Greens, & different BBQ meats. But you know I’m vegan now so I wanted to make an updated version of some of my old favorites with a modern twist.
This recipe is more for advanced culinarians & even for beginners if you up to the challenge. This one will definitely be a go to in your bag & one your relatives & friends will love.
Serves 8-10 people, double recipe for more servings.
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
4 cups of vegan cheese sauce (check Cheesless Queso Dip Recipe for instructions)
1 cup of hearts of palm sliced in thick pieces
1 box of elbow macaroni pasta
6 cups of vegan cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, mozzarella & smoked gouda)
3 tablespoons of smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon of old bay seasoning
1 tablespoon of pink himalayan salt
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/2 tablespoon of vegan butter
sprinkle of parsley for presentation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil water & cook macaroni noodles until firm but not too soft.
3. Heat the cheese sauce on low heat & add 3 cups of vegan cheese.
4. Stir the cheese sauce until creamy it reaches a creamy thick consistency. Set aside.
5. Drain pasta & set aside.
6. Add cheese sauce to pasta & mix until well combined. Add salt, garlic powder, & pepper. Mix well & set aside.
7. Season hearts of palm in small bowl with: paprika, old bay seasoning, salt & pepper, & garlic powder. This will be the “lobster”.
8. Add the hearts of palm to the macaroni & mix together.
9. Add macaroni to a baking pan or baking dish pre-greased with vegan butter.
10. Top with more hearts of palm & then sprinkle remaining vegan cheese on top, along with the bread crumbs.
11. Sprinkle a bit of parsley on top. Bake for 20 mins on 400 degrees.
12. (Optional) serve with collard greens & bbq jackfruit. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this Decadent Vegan Lobster Mac & Cheese Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.