Today is my born day & I wanted to give y’all one of my favorite go to dishes I mastered at 24 & my clients have been loving it. Its super fire & simple to make!!
Great recipe for beginner culinarians & one that you & your friends & relatives will love this summer.
Serves 4-6 people. Double recipe for more servings.
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
1 eggplant sliced in 1 inch 10-12 slices
3 cups of tomato pasta sauce
2 cups of vegan cheese (I used a blend of smoked gouda, cheddar, & mozzarella)
1 cup of vegan ricotta cheese
6 pieces of asparagus (optional side item)
old bay seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a hot pan with grapeseed oil sauté eggplant slices until cooked on each side.
3. In a baking pan spread 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the sautéed eggplant to the bottom ( 9-10 pieces is good).
5. In a small bowl mix the ricotta cheese with 1/4 cup of cheese blend with: black pepper, garlic powder, salt & old bay seasoning.
6. Add ricotta mix on top of the eggplant & smooth it out well.
7. Sprinkle more cheese on top.
8. Add another layer of the eggplant on top of the cheese layer.
9. Spoon more tomato sauce on top of the last eggplant layer.
10. Sprinkle the remaining amount of cheese on top.
11. Sprinkle a bit of black pepper, parsley, garlic powder on top.
12. Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
13. Sauté asparagus in a hot pan & add seasonings.
14. Plate the eggplant lasagna & pair with roasted asparagus.
15. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this Elegant Eggplant Lasagna. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want a new Vegan dinner recipe? Check out our Vegan Lobster Mac & Cheese!