One of my favorite all time dishes.
This was like the first recipe I really mastered when I first went vegan. Since then I haven’t looked back.
Great recipe for beginner culinarians. Its very simple & super tasty. One that will be a go to recipe for you.
Serves 4 people double recipe for more servings!
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
1 can of rinsed chickpeas
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 cup of diced yellow onions
1/4 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
sprinkle of black pepper
1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
1/2 old bay seasoning
jasmine rice, fried plantains, fresh avocado
1. Sauté onions & garlic until its soft & fragrant.
2. Add curry powder to the veggies & cook for 2-3 minutes. (Curry powder has turmeric in it which is a raw spice & it needs to be cooked to release the flavors).
3. Add chickpeas & saute until slightly firm 3-4 minutes.
4. Pour in the coconut milk & let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. This will build the sauce.
5. Check the curry & stir occasionally. Once sauce is thickened add in the remaining seasonings & turn off heat.
6. Plate up & serve with Jasmine Rice, Fried Plantains & Fresh Avocado or just eat it solo!
This is the recipe I used to make this Classic Chickpea Curry. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
You must log in to post a comment.