Great for breakfast & even after a workout!
Its a new year 2023! In 2022 I created a lot of great recipes & really expanded on my creativity! This year we gonna turn it up even more. I love a good breakfast to start the day. You can never go wrong with oats & fruit! This is a simple recipe that anyone can make.
Serves 2 people
Double recipe for more servings
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
1 mason jar
1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
1 whole apple diced in small pieces
3/4 cup of almond milk or (plant based milk of choice)
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1/4 cup of dairy free yogurt (I used coconut milk)
2 tablespoons of agave nectar (maple syrup works well too)
1 graham cracker for topping (optional)
1 cinnamon stick for topping
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon of vegan butter
1. In a hot pan sauté the apples in a lil vegan butter.
2. Add the cinnamon & agave to the apples. Stir consistently until thoroughly combined & apples are caramelized.
3. Take off heat & set aside.
4. In a mason jar add the oats, almond milk, yogurt, half of the caramelized apples (the other half will be used for the topping) & chia seeds.
5. Set in fridge to chill over night. (If eating sooner 1-2 hrs is fine.)
6. Take oats out of fridge & top with remaining apples, one cinnamon stick, a sprinkle of cinnamon.
7. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this fire Apple Pie Overnight Oats very tasty. Definitely add this to your rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.