Made with easy to find ingredient straight from Mother Nature.
Looking for a simple and easy yet nourishing DIY hair conditioner? This is the perfect recipe for my kings and queens who want all things natural! Skip the access toxic chemicals found in over the counter conditioners and even SAVE YOUR COINS with this Easy Avocado Hair Conditioner. All ingredients are simple, easy to find, and probably already in our kitchen! Hello soft, shiny, and moisturized hair; NATURALLY!
- 1 Ripe Avocado – Avocados are packed with vitamins A, C, D, E, and B6 to nourish the hair strands and add shine! They are also a fatty fruits which is perfect for moisturizing all hair types. This smooth and creamy ingredient softens the hair and tames frizz too!
- 1/2 cup of Raw Honey – Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws in moisture from the environment. Long lasting moisturization paired with its ability to add shine makes honey a perfect addition to this hair conditioner!
- 1 cup of Solid Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil (1/2 cup if liquid) – Coconut Oil carries benefits of conditioning, nourishing, and sealing moisture into the hair as well as treating dry scalp, removing dandruff, increasing shine, providing softness, and promoting hair growth!
- 1/2 cup of Spring Water – Spring water is best used due to it being free from many chemicals and harder minerals making it more gentle on the hair.
- Add all ingredients to a blender (I use a blender with individual cups).
- Blend until a smooth and creamy texture is reached.
- Transfer to a glass container (or whatever container is easier for you to apply to your hair from.)
- Wash hair as usual.
- Apply the conditioner to WET & CLEAN hair (For thin/straight hair Reverse steps and shampoo after conditioning.)
- Be sure to cover the hair from root to ends.
- Twist up the hair and apply a plastic shower cap + a towel to lock in the moisture.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes while finishing your shower routine.
- Detangle before or after thoroughly rinsing out the conditioner.
- Go about your normal hair routine and style as usual!
- Store extra conditioner in the fridge with a lid for up to a week!
This Easy DIY Avocado Hair Conditioner leaves the crown simply moisturized and soft!
Nala Asa Shakur
Tyler A. Norman who now goes by Nala Asa Shakur is the CEO of The All Natural as well as the author of Love Starts Here. She’s a multifaceted creator & healer serving through various forms of artistry. Her ways of expression range from being an author, philosopher, model, holistic health guide, creative director, to a Kitchen alchemist . Through her work and her movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with personal growth, self-love, holistic healing, and finding an inner glow.