One of the most popular down south classic desserts.
I wanted to give my hand at this recipe & give it the Chef Lonnie.G treatment. I love cheesecake heavy & I knew it would pair well with a rich decadent peach cobbler.
This recipe is great for intermediate & expert bakers. Even if your new with baking this is still one you can learn to sharpen your skills.
Serves 4-6 people. Double recipe for more servings.
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Chill 2 hrs (overnight for more firm cheesecake)
For the crust:
• ½ cup walnuts
• ½ cup almonds
• 1 cup pitted dates
¼ cup maple syrup
(I used a pre made crust)
For the Cheesecake Filling:
2 ½ cup raw cashews soaked
1 tablespoon lemon juice
⅓ cup almond milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
¼ cup agave (maple syrup) is fine too
3 cups of sliced peaches (canned or fresh is fine)
1/2 cup ap flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon of nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of almondmilk
1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Blend soaked cashews, lemon juice, almond milk, vanilla extract, & agave until smooth for 3 mins.
4. Consistency should be smooth but not too thin. Pour the cheesecake mix into crust.
5. Freeze for 2 hrs to let set. (Overnight for a more firm cheesecake).
6. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, 1 cup of sugar. Set aside.
7. In a sauté pan add water, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, & sugar.
8. Add peaches & simmer on medium heat until they begin to caramelize.
9. Take the peaches off the heat.
10. In a baking dish add the melted butter. Then pour the cobbler batter on top.
11. Scoop the peaches on top of the cobbler batter. Bake for 40 mins on 350.
12. Let cobbler cool for 15-20 mins until room temp. Then scoop the cobbler on top of the cheesecake until completely covered.
13. Slice cheesecake, plate up & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this Peach Cobbler Cheesecake. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.