An easy and NATURAL recipe for soothing the skin and revealing a GLOW!
This DIY Rose Water Toner + Skin Refresher is perfect ALL skin types! Whether you are suffering from dry, oily, combination, acne prone, or dull skin this NATURAL skin remedy is for you. This toner can be used before a natural moisturizer and/or all throughout the day to bring essential vitamins and minerals for healthy GLOWING skin!
- 1/3 Cup of Dried Organic Rose Petals & Buds – Roses are a beautiful herb to incorporate into DIY skin products due to HYDRATE and balance our skins PH! Roses are also the highest vibrating flower which makes their energy PURE LOVE. Rose water is simply extracting the vitamins and minerals from the flower into the water for natures perfect skin elixir! The vibrant and healing rose water helps soothe any acne, rashes, or skin irritations as well as provide soft and supple skin. On top of that rose water natural enhances the tone, vibrancy, elasticity, and tightness of skin making it the perfect toner for youthful and glowing skin! Be sure to use ORGANIC rose petals! We don’t want to spray on any pesticides onto the skin!
- 1 Cup of Alkaline Spring water – Spring water is best used due to it being free from many chemicals and harder minerals making it more gentle on the skin.
- 5-10 Drops of Frankincense Essential Oil– Frankincense is very high vibrational and healing for all over the body! This miracle oil is something you’ll want to keep around for healthy skin. The most prominent benefit of frankincense oil on the skin is the anti-aging effects! Applying Frankincense consistently improves skin tone, elasticity, and texture of the skin. It also works toward lightening scars and stimulating collagen production which means clear, youthful, and plump skin! Frankincense is also an astringent which means it manages the sebum and oil production of the skin which can reduce future breakouts!
- 1 4 oz. Glass Amber Spray Bottle – Amber Glass bottles are perfect for DIY NATURAL skin care as the components of the glass filter out blue and ultravoilet light and extend the shelf life. This makes it the perfect bottle to use for more NATURAL ingredients and essential oils + GLASS is environmentally safe and ECO friendly!
- Place 1/3 cup of dried Organic Rose petals into a glass bowl large enough to hold over 1 cup of water.
- Bring alkaline spring water to a rolling boil then pour the hot water into the glass bowl with the rose petals.
- Let the roses sit and steep in the water for about 10-15 minutes or when the color begins leaving the roses and infusing into the water.
- Pour the rose water mixture through a strainer and into a measuring cup (or any cup with a spout) to remove the excess roses.
- Let the mixture cool off then pour into the amber glass bottle.
- Add 5 – 10 drops of the Frankincense Essential Oil.
- Close your spray bottle, shake, and USE!
- Use as a toner after washing the face with a natural cleanser, then follow up with a natural serum and/or moisturizer!
- Spray on face + body anytime throughout the day for a skin refresher!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
This Rose Water is a staple in my skin care routine! It makes my skin super soft and keeps it glowing!
Nala Asa Shakur
Nala Asa Shakur formerly known as Tyler A. Norman is the CEO of The All Natural as well as the author of the book Love Starts Here. She’s a creator & healer serving through various facets of artistry. Her forms of expression range all the way from visual & performing arts, kitchen alchemy, to creative writing and directing. Through her work and her rising movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with self-love, holistic healing, and finding a true inner glow.
Want to try another DIY recipe with roses? Check out our DIY Vanilla Rose Flaxseed Gel!
You must be logged in to post a comment.