A Natural & Easy Remedy for Clearing Glowing Skin All Year Around
Looking for a completely natural remedy for breakouts, scarring, dull, or dry skin? This is the perfect DIY face mask! The simple yet extremely nourishing ingredients make it super easy to make at home. Anytime I suffer from a random breakout or find my skin needing some brightening, this is a GO TO!
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Organic Honey/Manuka Honey – Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws in moisture from the environment, making it a deep ingredients for bringing life back to dull skin. On top of its moisturizing abilities, honey also has antibacterial properties which help it to soothe and clear acne, skin irritations, and rashes.
- Approx. 1/2 cup Fresh Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is GOLD for the skin as it keeps the skin hydrated, helps with the regenerations of new skin cells, and improves the firmness and elasticity of skin! Plus its a natural skin healing plant! Using aloe vera helps with the inflammation and redness caused by any breakouts, skin irritations, rashes, or cuts! This super plant also helps treat sunburn.
- 1 Tsp Golden Turmeric Powder – Turmeric is a ancient health & skincare remedy thats been used for centuries! This superfood is a natural skin brightener; helping to fade dark spots and scarring on the face. It brings out a healthy brilliance in skin tone that gives the face a more noticeable GLOW! Turmeric is also an anti-inflammatory, making it a good remedy for acne as well!
- Wash the outside leaf of the Aloe Vera.
- Then, cut as closely to the leaf as possible on both ends and each side. Retrieve only the clear Aloe Vera Gel from inside the leaf.
- Rinse and place the chunk of Aloe Vera Gel into a bowl of spring water for 20 minutes ( make sure the Aloe is completely submerged). This step is extremely important in order to remove the somewhat poisonous part of the plant called Aloe Latex (Yellow Liquid between the gel and the leaf) which can cause itching and extreme irritation to the skin !!!!
- Place all your ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth. (If you don’t have a blender or prefer to be tech free smash all the ingredients together with a Mortar & Pestle or fork & Bowl)
- Apply the mask to CLEAN & DRY skin and let the mask sit for 20 minutes. Sit outside in the sun, read a book, or catch up on some chores!
- Throughly rinse the mask off with cool water and pat face dry. Follow up with your normal skincare routine! I suggest using a rosewater toner and Shea Butter for more skin nourishment!
- Place the extra face mask in a sealed container in the fridge for up 3 more days! Feel free to use the mask all 3 days, share with your besties, or put your man on some skin care game!
- Use consistently for best results.
This mask is leaves the skin fresh, vibrant, and GLOWING! Add this to your weekly skincare routine for health skin the NATURAL way!
Nala Asa Shakur
Nala Asa Shakur formerly known as Tyler A. Norman is the CEO & Founder of The All Natural, Hostess of the world wide podcast, #TTALK , and author of Love Starts Here. She’s a creator & healer serving through various facets of artistry. Her forms of expression range all the way from visual & performing arts, kitchen alchemy, to creative writing and directing. Through her work and her rising movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with self-love, holistic healing, and finding a true inner glow.