A Meal Packed with Both Protein and Flavor!
This recipe is a simple one anyone can make. Chickpeas are one of the most versatile foods & by far one of my favorites. I cooked up this recipe one day just using some leftover ingredients. Its so fire yet simple. Top tier easily.
Serves 4, double for more recipes.
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup of jerk paste
1 can of coconut milk
4 cups of couscous
1 shallot rough chopped
1 tablespoon of oregano
1/2 tablespoon of cumin
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1/2 grape seed oil
1 plantain thick sliced
1 avocado sliced
1. Boil water for couscous.
2. Sauté shallots in oil until fragrant.
3. Add chickpeas to the pan & sauté until soft.
4. Add couscous to the water. Let cook for 10 mins until couscous is fluffy. Add the oregano. Stir until combined well.
5. Add the jerk paste to the chickpeas & stir that well until combined. Let cook for 3 mins.
6. Add coconut milk to the jerk chickpeas. Let simmer until it thickens into a sauce.
7. Add all seasonings at the end & take off the heat.
8. Fry plantains & set aside.
9. (Optional) slice fresh avocado to serve with the dish.
10. Plate everything up & serve !
This is the recipe I used to make these Jerk Chickpeas. Add this to your dinner rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.