The perfect DIY deep conditioner for moisturizing, strengthening, repairing damage, and adding shine to your natural hair!
The best part is, this quick and easy deep conditioner can be made with ingredients already in your kitchen. When making DIY deep conditioners, the ingredients and measurements can be altered to treat YOUR HAIR the way you like it! Plus, you won’t have to worry about any unwanted extra ingredients that may do more harm then good to your hair. This DIY deep conditioner is perfect for a naturalista wanting to use the power of nature to nourish her beautiful CROWN!
SAY HELLO TO HEALTHY NATURAL HAIR!
- 1 Ripe Avocado – Avocados are packed with vitamins A, C, D, E, and B6 to nourish the hair strands and add shine! They are also a fatty fruits which is perfect for moisturizing all hair types. This smooth and creamy ingredient softens the hair and tails frizz too!
- 1/2 Ripe Banana – Bananas have similar benefits to avocados as they increase shine to the hair. They are full of natural proteins which repair damage hair strands, improve texture, and prevent future breakage!
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Honey – Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws in moisture from the environment. Long lasting moisturization paired with its ability to add shine makes honey a perfect addition to this DIY deep conditioner!
- 1/4 (or more) Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Olive oil brings the benefits of conditioning and nourishing the hair as well as sealing the hair strands to lock in all this MOISTURE and LOVE.
- 2 Tbsp of Irish Sea Moss Gel (optional) – Irish Sea Moss is super supplement with 92/102 minerals in the entire body! This ingredient is optional but will add a SUPER BOOST of vitamins and minerals to this DIY deep conditioner!
- Add all ingredients to a blender (I use a blender with individual cups).
- Blend until a smooth and creamy texture is reached.
- Transfer to a glass container or whatever container is easier for you to apply to your hair from.
- Wash, conditioning, and detangle hair is usual.
- Apply the DIY deep conditioner to wet hair making sure to smooth the conditioner throughout the entire crown. Focus on the ends and damaged areas.
- Twist hair or place hair in a bun.
- Place a plastic cap over hair.
- Leave in for 15-30 min (sit under a dryer if you wish).
- Rinse hair with COLD water.
- Style as usual.
HELLO HEALTHY NATURAL HAIR!
Use this DIY deep conditioner as needed for shiny, soft, long, and strong natural hair!
Be sure to share this recipe with our other natural hair sisters!
Nala Asa Shakur
Tyler A. Norman who now goes by Nala Asa Shakur is the CEO of The All Natural as well as the author of Love Starts Here. She’s a multifaceted creator & healer serving through various forms of artistry. Her ways of expression range from being an author, philosopher, model, holistic health guide, creative director, to a Kitchen alchemist . Through her work and her movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with personal growth, self-love, holistic healing, and finding an inner glow.
Need help or motivation transitioning to natural hair? Check out My Natural Hair Journey!