This is a down south classic.
A dessert I grew up on in my youth. So I had to create a vegan version. It came out so fire, y’all gonna love it.
This is a great recipe for intermediate culinarians & those wanting to master a simple recipe. One your family & friends will love this summer.
Serves up to 6-8 portions
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Refrigerate: 2-3 hours
1 can of coconut milk
2 cups of almond milk
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 cup of cane sugar
sprinkle of salt
1 tea spoon of cinnamon
2 bananas sliced in 1 inch pieces
1 cup of cookies of choice ( I couldn’t find vegan vanilla wafers so I used vegan ginger snaps instead )
3 cups of vegan whipped cream
1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
1. In small bowl, whisk together almond milk and cornstarch until combined. Set aside.
2. In a small pan, heat coconut milk over medium heat. Once its hot, slowly mix in cornstarch/almond milk mix.
3. Let simmer until thick for 7-8 minutes stirring consistently.
4. Mix in the sugar, salt, & vanilla. Turn off heat.
5. Add pudding to bowl & let cool at room temp for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, refrigerate for 2-3 hrs until thickened.
6. Remove pudding from fridge, add 1 cup of vegan whipped cream. Mix well.
7. In dish of choice ( I used a mason jar ), layer wafers then bananas, then pudding. Repeat layers as needed. Top with remaining whipped cream. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this tasty banana pudding. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.