Hello Soft and Glowing Skin
Goodbye Toxic Chemicals
Your easy GO-TO body butter recipe! Whip up a batch of this DIY Body Butter and get the soft smooth skin you truly desire! Made with 100 % Raw and Organic ingredients for nourishing the skin the NATURAL way. Consistent use of this butter can help treat eczema, dry skin, fade hyperpigmentation and dark spots, and give your skin and overall GLOW!
Serving size: This recipes makes approximately 5 16 oz. Body butters
Choose 1 type of shea butter for the base
- 1 lb (16 oz. ) Raw Organic Ivory Shea Butter (Made from packed with collagen, antioxidants, and fatty acids for extreme moisture, youthful, and glowing skin.)
- 1 lb (16 oz.) Raw Organic Yellow Shea Butter (packed with collagen, antioxidants, and fatty acids for extreme moisture, youthful, and glowing skin.)
Choose 2 more types of butter to add in
- 1/2 lb (8 Oz.) Raw Organic Mango Butter (Made from the mango seed. Has no smell. Adds a extra boosts of moisture and lighter and creamier texture)
- 1/2 lb (8 Oz.) Raw Organic Cocoa Butter (Made from Cocoa Beans. Very thick and creamy. Smells like chocolate! Adds treatment of skin discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and helps lighten scarring )
- 1/2 lb (8 oz.) Raw Organic Kokum Butter (Made from the Kokum Tree Seed. Perfect for acne prone skin as it helps sooth inflammation and does not clog pores)
Choose ONLY 3 types of oil to add
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil (Light Hydrating oil for moisturizing skin without clogging pores)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (light oil that protects skin from free radicals and treats sun damage)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Almond Oil (Light non greasy moisturizer for evening skin tone)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil (Light anti-inflammatory and moisturizing oil perfect for treating acne, eczema, and psoriasis)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Oil (Light anti-aging oil that treats fine lines, wrinkles, and increases skin elasticity)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Castor Oil (Heavy and deeply moisturizing oil for dry cracked skin)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Pumpkin Seed Oil (light oil with Anti-aging skin tightening properties)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Argan Oil (Light yet deeply moisturizing oil for treating stretch marks, healing atopic dermatitis, and providing a dewy glow)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Light moisturizing oil that also helps heal sunburns)
- 2 cups Organic Cold-Pressed Apricot Oil (Light non greasy oil for firming the skin, reducing fine lines, and wrinkles)
Choose any Essential Oil for added benefits and scent!
Here’s a list a beautiful oil blends to try!
- 30 drops of Lavender, 15 drops of Vanilla, and 15 drops of Patchouli (Calming, grounding, and relaxing)
- Rose & Vanilla (Warm and sensual)
- Citronella, Lemongrass, and Eucalyptus (Light, unisex scent, also a bug repellant)
- Orange & Vanilla (light and fruity! Orange Creamcicle vibes!)
Optional Add Ins | Pick One (If choosing to add this ingredient you must use a natural preservative to prevent molding)
- Raw Organic Honey (Natural humectant which draws moisture to the skin.)
- Organic Manuka Honey (Miracle honey! Filled with medicinal and anti bacterial properties for treating acne + other skin conditions)
Natural Preservative (Optional | Pick one)
- 2 drops of Willow Bark Extract (2 % of total body butter amount)
- 2 drops of Coconut Fruit Extract (2 % of total body butter amount)
- Start off creating a double broiler simply by filling a large stove pot with about 4 cups of water.
- Place a large GLASS bowl on top of the pot and turn the heat on medium-high.
- Allow the water in the pot to boil and the steam begin heating up the glass bowl. (Creating a double broiler ensures that all the vitamins and minerals stay in tack and are not damaged by direct heat)
- Add your Shea Butter and 2 chosen additional butters into the bowl and allow them to melt. (Breaking the chucks apart with a wooden spoon helps them melt faster)
- Once the butters are completely melted, stir the mixture, remove the glass bowl from the pot and pour into a new bowl. (This will be the bowl used for mixing the body butter)
- Allow the melted butter to cool down to room temperature, then place the bowl in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes or until the butter starts to thicken up. (Refer to photos)
- Place the bowl under an electric mixture and began mixing on high.
- While the mixer is on pour your 3 chosen oils in one cup at a time.
- Next, add your honey if you chose this additional ingredient. (Then add your preservative if using honey)
- Add your essential oils.
- Mix until the body butter begins to thicken up. (Refer to photos)
- Pour the mixture into your 16 oz. Body butter jars then let the sit and settle.
- Use a quarter size amount to moisturizer the whole body. (a little goes a long way!)
- For optimum moisture use on damp skin straight out the shower!
- Store your other jars in a cool dry place.
This recipe is perfect for stocking up on skin nourishing body butter all summer or winter long!
Share with the family, friends, or keep them for yourself!
Nala Asa Shakur
Nala Asa Shakur formerly known as Tyler A. Norman is the CEO of The All Natural as well as the author of the book Love Starts Here. She’s a creator & healer serving through various facets of artistry. Her forms of expression range all the way from visual & performing arts, kitchen alchemy, to creative writing and directing. Through her work and her rising movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with self-love, holistic healing, and finding a true inner glow.
1 thought on “How to Make Your Own Body Butter For Soft Glowing Skin”
[…] Show Me! […]
You must log in to post a comment.