This dish is the perfect hearty plant-based meal! Filled with vegetables, legumes, and spices that create an explosion on your taste buds.
Made with love and creativity for an all around satisfying bowl of goodness!
Perfect for dinner or lunch as this meal is VERY filling. For an even heavier dish feel free to add rice on the side!
I made this curry on a snowy winter night, made a cup of tea, and snuggled up in my warm covers with a sappy romance movie. Plant based goodness. All though food is not meant for the comfort of our emotions, a hearty and delicious meal (especially when it’s plant-based) can bring healing vibes.
Cooktime: 30+ min
Flavor: Mildy spicy (3/10)
3 small to medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup of red lentils
1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
2 handfuls of chopped kale
3 medium tomatoes (diced)
1/4 cauliflower head (chopped)
3 tbsp of minced garlic
3 tbsp of olive oil (cooking oil optional)
1 tbsp (give or take) Himalayan sea salt I gave lol
1tsp of paprika
1 tsp black pepper
I tbsp Lightly dried basil
1 tbsp lightly dried parsley
Curry seasoning (I went wild with this; add as much as you desire and taste for flavor)
1 carton of vegetable stock
1.Cook on medium heat stovetop in large pot
2. Sauté onions, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil in large pot
3. Let sauté (smashed tomatoes down while stirring all ingredients together)
4. Once veggies have softened a bit add in quarter of vegetable stock and let simmer still on medium heat
5. Add chopped cauliflower
6. Add chopped kale
7. Add more stock, mix all ingredients, and place the lid on pot
8. Let simmer still on medium heat while slicing potatoes
9. Add sliced potatoes
10. Add lentils
11. Add all seasoning
12. Add rest of vegetable stock and stir until all ingredients are mixed together like a soup
13. Turn down heat to low cover with lid
14. Let simmer till desired texture (approx. 15-20 minutes)
15. Serve alone or with rice!
Seasoning measurements vary dependent on personal palette. I added a ton of curry seasoning and paprika for an intense and mildly spicy flavor! Add measurements and keep adding until desired flavored has been reached!
Comment below if you enjoyed this recipe!
Nala Asa Shakur
Tyler A. Norman who now goes by Nala Asa Shakur is the CEO of The All Natural as well as the author of Love Starts Here. She’s a multifaceted creator & healer serving through various forms of artistry. Her ways of expression range from being an author, philosopher, model, holistic health guide, creative director, to a Kitchen alchemist . Through her work and her movement, #Naturalisthewaytoglow™, she inspires and assist others with personal growth, self-love, holistic healing, and finding an inner glow.
Want to try more curry recipes? Check out this Eggplant Curry & Jasmine Rice!