I believe when transitioning to a more plant based diet, its best to have easy recipes on deck that you can cook up & not have to be stressed on what to eat. This bowl is super clutch for that.
Bowls are versatile & you can mix/match to your liking. Great source of plantbased protein, fiber & will have your energy levels high. A great recipe for beginner culinarians.
Serves 2 people, double recipe for more servings
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
3 cups of pre-cooked brown rice
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe plantain
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini squash
1/2 cup of cooked black beans
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp of black sesame seeds (regular works as well)
1/4 cup of buffalo sauce
1 tbs of garlic salt
1/2 tbs black pepper
1/2 tbs of cumin
sprinkle of parsley
1/2 tbs of old bay seasoning
1. Cook brown rice until done & set aside in a bowl.
2. Slice & fry plantains until soft but slightly crisp. Season with garlic salt.
3. Diced the zucchini & squash into small pieces & place on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic salt, black pepper, cumin, old bay seasoning.
4. Roast the veggies in oven on 400 degrees for 15 mins, or until soft but firm.
5. Add the cooked black beans to a small bowl & add garlic salt, black pepper, old bay seasoning, parsley mix well, set aside.
6. Add brown rice to a bowl, then add the roasted veggies, next add black beans, then the fried plantains.
7. Slice fresh avocado & add to the bowl. Drizzle the buffalo sauce on top, then sprinkle black sesame seeds & add a touch of parsley & old bay seasoning for color. Eat & enjoy!
This is the recipe I used to make this fire Buddha Bowl. Super tasty & simple to make. Add this to your weekly rotation!
I am Chef Lonnie.G I have been Vegan for 5 years & been building my chef brand since 2019. I have always had a love for cooking & baking ever since I was a young teenager. I have Carribean roots & alot of meals are inspired by what I ate growing up & the different places I have traveled through out my life. I’m always looking to expand, experiment, & teach new ways on how to expand our palates & still eat healthy meals. I have a variety services I offer such as Meal Prep, Private Chef, Virtual Cooking Classes.
Want an easy breakfast recipe? Check out our Simple Super Food Smoothie!
You must log in to post a comment.